Thursday 1 July 2010

My Ist July

I have been listening all week to the noise of the JCB next door as it knocks down my playground.  For 3 nights now I have been sitting outside the back door  or up my tree waiting for the rats leaving a sinking pub. All my special  places of the night have gone now.  Even the piles of bricks , wood, broken tiles and years of rubbish have gone off in a lorry to the land of Fill. So , dear Ben, you will realise that my vigilence, night snooping, rat hunting and fire watching have made me rather tired. I haven't caught a single rat.  But I am ready.
I was just minding my own business this morning when I was entrapped in the kitchen. THEY move quickly when THEY have to, and so as I sauntered to see if anything was left in my breakfast bowl there  was a hurried closing of doors and the catflap.  I tried to think what was the purpose of this infringement of my cat rights, but then spotted the Cat Box. Good , I am off to Cayton Carr , Good I am off to Harfields Beauty Cat Parlour. But I was wrong . I was taken to the Vet. I go there so rarely I had forgotten to include it in my brain sort.
I just wish THEY had told me. I could have prepared, and planned my defences for the broken tooth I knew VET SHE would find. 
I had quite an interesting time in the waiting room. There were 3 dogs, one black Poodle , one Jack Russell and one brown Heinz 57 . As the only member of the Felidae  I oozed grace, beauty , and fearlessness from my Cat Box. My turn came very quickly, I expect VET SHE hurried the dogs through when SHE heard I was in the waiting room. She was suitably impressed with my appearance , did my injections very quickly , and then looked me over. Yes SHE did find my broken tooth, and has given THEM instructions to monitor it. Otherwise SHE  had no concerns whatsoever. I think I am HER favourite cat in FILEY.


I certainly know how to pile on the charm, Ben. Do you know , when THEY took me back outside to go to the car, I found out that the excellent Filey Veterinary Practice Ltd had actually paid to have a special seat put outside their front window just for HIM and my Cat box, and a lovely Hanging basket for me to admire and appreciate.  HOW KIND!

No comments: