Friday 17 September 2010

THEY thought about me when they were in Sussex


 Its doesn't take much for THEM to be reminded of me.  I know that when THEY are in foreign parts every cat they see triggers a fond thought. I wonder how darling Samson is , or something like that.THEY are not stupid or narrow minded when it comes to cats. They are nor besotted or out of control with THEIR  thoughts and purchases. I know THEY  will not embarrass me at Cayton Carr by sending me a Postcard, or ringing to see if I am OK. THEY know that I am well adjusted, independent,  nonchalant even when it comes to remembrance of times past when THEY were still around , and caring for my every need. I just don't need THEM all the time. I too  require a break from THEM. I like to ponder, to cogitate and sit and watch the other guests . I can see them in their parallel runs. I call it cat watching. I could and can do it for hours. SHE does it in Marks and Spencers in Brighton.
SHE sat there for an hour on Monday this week , in the entrance, with all the old ladies and men. SHE saw some sights too. SHE was mesmerized by some of the outfits, hats, shoes and sizes of the sussex yeomanry and yeowomenry.

When THEY  were at the Festival in the Park , at Burgess Hill last Saturday THEY took a picture especially for me . THEY thought it would make me laugh. It is of a dog wearing a coat during a shower of rain. SHE knows I love the ridiculous, owners of course, not the poor dog-  the very idea.
THEY also took a photo of a cat they thought I might like, doing the very thing they have chastised me for.

No comments: