Tuesday 20 April 2010

Doing what cats do

They are blaming me . Give a cat a bad name and all that. I remember last year I got blamed too. SHE is very upset as SHE watches the Collared Dove not flying round the garden. Its moving around the undergrowth and then coming out to peck up the Bird Seed when I am sleeping somewhere. She is upset because it seems to be injured, and SHE thinks it could be me wot dun it  .Yes !it has some feathers missing, and a broken wing.  Yes it cant fly and yes! yes! yes! SHE is upset.  I heard HER telling HIM she ought to put it in the derelict Pub garden next door.  HE said 'a cat will just get it'.  SHE cant face putting it out of its misery,after all that's interfering with nature. 
But SHE keeps throwing bits of bird seed into quiet places for it.I keep looking at those Herring Gulls and hoping to divert HER thoughts.  After all, they are vicious brutes and do real damage here. They dive bomb passers by, they nest on roofs very near here and deliberately spray the washing with limewash, they walk over cars and scratch them, and snatch food from people , and rip open rubbish bags scattering nappies, and Export cans around the street.
So I am hoping that SHE will concentrate on blaming the Gulls.  They do attack starlings in Filey.
Oh dear HE has just found the dead blackbird behind the Wheely bin. He will know that a Gull couldn't get in that space.

Me , what me !  No , I have been here all day.

No comments: