Thursday 12 April 2012

Not dementia but downsizing

You will have heard of not waving but drowning. **I am doing not dementia but downsizing . It too involves the presence of onlookers who can do absolutely nothing. I am an old cat now, 16 at least, which makes me about 84.
I am getting a bit thinner and more fussy with my food. Chicken is my favourite. Infact I can smell it from 15yards when the fridge is open. SHE waves bits around in the air to get me back into the kitchen at night. I humour HER and saunter to my bed.
I am moving. It is making me very anxious. Here I have a garden, a position in society, an outlook and quality visitors. What will become of me? There in old cottage  THEY do not even have any soil or grass for me, just a yard. I have seen the unspeakable plastic box thing they have purchased. How are the mighty to be fallen ?
I have been thinking positively and being focussed as Sulina says. I am after all a Christian Cat. So  like HER though I have been much too far out all my life, I am going to leave Kiaora with calm  and count my blessings.



2 comments:

MadPriest said...

Chin up, old boy! Worse things happen at sea.

We will say a prayer for you on the Saint Laika's prayer page today.

Rumpydog said...

Oh Dog! Transition can be hard, but I made it through and so will you Samson.