Tuesday 7 September 2010

The Message




I know quite a lot about Bibles. THEY have a selection of them.  Today SHE has been and bought another one . It is a New King James , New Spirit Filled Life Bible. She likes this one because it has got lots of notes, references and comments. Its good for HER to be quiet sometimes. SHE thinks SHE knows everything. There aren't any cats in the Bible, probably because the Egyptians loved them so much and the time in exile before the Exodus was not one of the best times for OT peoples.  I do have some relatives who were the GOOD GUYS though. Guess the story from the picture below. I prefer not to remember that David was good with a slingstone against wild lions however. 


I have had a good listen to all the translations . I have a clear favourite. It is called THE MESSAGE. It is not an accurate translation , more of a paraphrase for cats like me who need to hear words in simple and understandable language.  Now that I am a published author, and my article in the August edition of The Envoy received acclaim, it is very important that I am able to show the people of Filey Parish that I have a real faith and not one inherited from THEM. So I have started to listen in earnest to this paraphrase. It is in american slang , but I have had to endure so many editions of The Simpsons and CSI Miami whilst living here so I understand it perfectly well. 
I have a good bit I like from The Message
Be content with who you are, and don't put on airs.
God's strong hand is on you...
It is from 1Peter 5-humbled I am.

No comments: